If you are trying to eat healthy, you don’t have to sacrifice taste. Nick Haque Koi offers the Skinny Menu to keep you looking good and things tasting great. On the Skinny Menu you can order some fabulous dishes that are low in calories. If you ever wanted to cook delicious Skinny Menu inspired dishes at home, you are in luck!
Chef Robb Lucas of Nick Haque’s Los Angeles Koi has shared some recipes with “Fab Fit Fun”. Check out the recipe for a nice light salmon spring roll and a low calorie drink to go with it!
Salmon Sashimi Spring Roll
1 sheet rice paper
3 oz. salmon
1 leaf of butter lettuce
3 slices of tomato
2 slices of avocado
4 leaves of cilantro
2 sticks of cucumber
1. Lay rice paper onto a clean, flat surface
2. Starting about half an inch from an edge of the rice paper, place lettuce, salmon, tomato, avocado, cilantro and cucumber; leave approximately one inch of rice paper open on each end
3. Fold the open inch on each side inward and then tightly roll
4. Cut into six pieces
5. Garnish with ichimi and freshly chopped chive
Enjoy this dish with Koi’s calorie-friendly cocktail! You may not be in LA, but that doesn’t mean you and your guests can’t dine like stars.
2 oz. Junmai sake
2 oz. Blood Orange Hibiscus Tavalon Tea
1/2 oz. agave nectar
1 piece fresh ginger
1 lemon wedge
1. Add all ingredients to shaker with ice.
2. Shake, then strain into martini glass.
3. Garnish with a lemon wedge.